Affordable Learning Georgia (ALG) Textbook Transformation Grants
The Affordable Learning Georgia Textbook Transformation Grants is a state supported USG initiative that focuses on reducing the costs of textbooks and the enhancement of GALILEO, Georgia's Virtual Library and ALG's parent initiative. The grants program provides opportunities for USG faculty, libraries, and institutions to transform their use of textbooks and other learning materials into lower cost options.
Visit ALG grants site for more information.
My ALG Projects/Courses
I have long been a strong adovate for free and open learning resources and developed many free materials for my courses even before the program. I have applied and got ALG grants Since the very first round. Over the years, I have been involved in the following efforts:
- Round 1 and 10: IT 5443 Web Technologies and Application Development
- Round 2 and 13: IT 4713/6713 Business Intelligence (website planned as part of round 13 grant)
- Round 10: CSE 3203 Mobile Systems Overview
- Round 11 and 14: IT 7113 Data Visualization
- Round 12: IT 4203 Advanced Web Development
- Round 13: IT 4213 Mobile Web Development (website planned as part of the round 13 grant)
- Round 14: IT 3703 Introduction to Data Analytics and Technology (website planned as part of round 14 grant)